The Sociology Department Colloquia Series brings sociologists and other scholars from around the country to speak about their research. An important part of department intellectual life, this series provides opportunities for department members to learn about new and cutting-edge research projects as well as to network with sociologists outside our own institution.
- David McCourt: The Social Sources of State Action: Explaining the Surprising Longevity of Britain’s Great Power Role Jun 24, 2013 from 02:00 PM to 03:30 PM — TO BE ANNOUNCED ,
- Lemert Lecture: Peter Bearman (Columbia University) - “Understanding the Autism Epidemic” May 16, 2013 from 04:00 PM to 05:30 PM — International House,
- Colloquia: Cecilia Ridgeway (Stanford University) - Intersecting Cultural Beliefs in Social Relations: Gender, Race, and Class Binds and Freedoms Apr 19, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM — Sociology Boardroom,
- Nina Eliasoph (University of Southern California) - Volunteers and Empowerment Projects: Styles of Interaction in Neoliberal Voluntary Associations Apr 05, 2013 from 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM — Boardroom,
- Colloquium speaker Shannon Gleeson: "Conflicting Commitments: The Politics of Enforcing Immigrant Worker Rights in San Jose and Houston." Feb 08, 2013 from 02:00 PM to 03:30 PM — Andrews Conference Room,