- Professor Caitlin Patler's research on the "Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals" program was recently cited in an Amicus Curae brief submitted to the Supreme Court in United States v. Texas (in support of DAPA and extended DACA).
- David Kyle's work featured at Institute for Social Sciences: "Migrations of the Mind"
- "Social futures of global climate change” by John Hall, is the lead article in the February 2016 issue of the American Journal of Cultural Sociology.
- John Walton's newest book, The Legendary Detective: The Private Eye in Fact and Fiction, is forthcoming with University of Chicago Press.
- David Kyle publishes article in Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies (with Saara Koikkalainen): "Imagining Mobility: The Prospective Cognition Question in Migration Research.”
- UC Davis Sociology lecturer Elizabeth Sweet's 2015 TEDx talk explores the consequences of the highly gendered world of children's toys.
- Evan W. Lauteria's co-edited collection (with Matthew Wysocki) on sex and sexuality in video games, Rated M for Mature, published through Bloomsbury.
Also in this section
- An archive of newsletters.