Brian VeazeyGraduate Student
Office: 250 SS&H
Office hours: N/A until September 2013
Classes: Soc 192/193
- PhD Candidate - Sociology, University of California, Davis, PhD expected December 2012
- M.A. - Sociology, University of California, Davis.
- B.A. - Sociology, University of California, Davis.
Areas of Interest
- Work, Employment, and Professions
- Education, Vocational Training, and Workforce Development
- Social and Economic Mobility in Developing Societies
- Marginalized Youth and Employment
- Ethnographic and Comparative - Historical Research Methods
Ovink, Sarah M. and Brian D. Veazey (2011). More Than Getting Us Through: Cultural Capital Enrichment of Underrepresented Minority Undergraduates. Research in Higher Education 52(4): 370-394.
Villarejo, M., Barlow, A.E., Kogen D., Veazey, B. & Sweeny, J. (2008) Encouraging Minority Undergraduates to Choose Science Careers: Career Paths Survey Results. CBE-Life Sciences Education 7(4): 394-409.
Research in Progress
- Doctoral Dissertation: "Midnight's Other Children: Unequal Mobility and At-Risk Muslim Youth in Bangalore, India"
- "Postcards from the Edge: Cosmopolitan Boundary-work at the limits of Francophonie"
- Research Assistant for the NIH Minority Opportunities in Research Evaluation Program, School of Education, University of California, Davis
- Research Assistant with Professor Ming-cheng Lo: Culturally Appropriate Healthcare
- Sociology of Work and Employment, Department of Sociology, University of California Davis
- Field Research and Internship Practicum, Department of Sociology, University of California Davis
- Introduction to Sociology, Department of Sociology, University of California Davis
- "Understanding American Workplace Cultures" - Dr. Reddy's Foundation, Bangalore, India
- "Interactive Service Work and American Client Expectations" - Dr. Reddy's Foundation, Bangalore, India
- External Reviewer, International Affairs Journal, University of California Davis
- Committee Member, Comparative-Historical Hiring Committee
- Co-Chair, Graduate Student Sociological Association
- Committee Member, Course Evaluation Committee