Honors Program Eligibility & Application Process
By the application deadline you must:
- Be a declared major in Sociology or Sociology-Organizational Studies.
- Have completed 135 units.
- Have a 3.3 GPA in your upper division major courses.
- Have completed at least four upper-division sociology courses.
- Have agreement of a faculty member to serve as the adviser for your thesis. The adviser will be your main guide in completion of the thesis and will meet with you regularly throughout the two quarters you are enrolled in SOC 194H. Students are encouraged to take an independent study course (SOC 199) with their thesis adviser the quarter prior to enrolling in SOC 194H.
How to Apply
Applications for the 2016-2017 honors program are due Aug 31. Please download and complete the Honors Thesis application and return to Caroline Herrod in 1284 SS&H or via email at email@example.com.