Office Hours for :
- Please email for appointment
- Ph.D., University of Michigan
- Race Relations
- Sociology of Afro-America, Afro-American Thought
- Interpersonal Dynamics
- Currently working on a Chapter on Early African American Female Students of Sociology (e. g. Ida B. Wells, Anna Julia Cooper) for a planned book on Early African American Sociological Thought. Also working on African American influence on The American Dilemma.
Publications• Jorgensen, Carl. 2008 Op-Ed. "The Obama Election: Political Evolution and Cutural Transformation." The Davis Flatlander. November 2008.
- Jorgensen, Carl. 2006. "Booker T. Washington and the Sociology of Black Deficit." in Donald Cunnigen (et al.) The Racial Politics of Booker T. Washington. New York: JAI Press.
- Jorgensen, Carl. 2004 Op-Ed. "Israel-Palestine: Solving the puzzle." The Flatlander (April).
- Jorgensen, Carl. 2003. "Frederick Douglass and the Early Social Psychology of Racial Oppression." Race and Society 6 pp. 3-20.
- Jorgensen, Carl. 1996. "The Afro-American Critique of White Supremacist Science: A Chronology of a Tradition," The Journal of Negro Education.