- Vicki Smith was named the 2016 Graduate Studies Distinguished Graduate Mentor at UC Davis.
- ASA Awards 2016-17 Congressional Fellowship to Emerald T. Nguyen
- Professor Jacob Hibel selected to receive William T. Grant Foundation Scholars Award
- Professor Caitlin Patler's research on the "Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals" program was recently cited in an Amicus Curae brief submitted to the Supreme Court in United States v. Texas (in support of DAPA and extended DACA).
- David Kyle's work featured at Institute for Social Sciences: "Migrations of the Mind"
- "Social futures of global climate change” by John Hall, is the lead article in the February 2016 issue of the American Journal of Cultural Sociology.
- John Walton's newest book, The Legendary Detective: The Private Eye in Fact and Fiction, is forthcoming with University of Chicago Press.
Also in this section
- An archive of newsletters.