Erin R. Hamilton
Office Hours for Winter 2017 :
- Winter 2017: Wed. 12-2
- Ph.D., Sociology, University of Texas, Austin, 2009
- B.A., Policy Studies, Rice University, 2001
- Migration: patterns and causes of international migration; migrant families; children and migration; migrant health; migration and development; gender and migration; internal migration and urbanization
- Health: health impacts of migration; health disparities; maternal and child health
- Social demography: causes and consequences of population change, especially through migration
Erin R. Hamilton and Jo M. Hale. Forthcoming. “Changes in the Transnational Family Structures of Mexican Farm Workers in the Era of Border Militarization.” Demography.
Kate H. Choi and Erin R. Hamilton. 2016. “Understanding Patterns of Contraceptive Use Among Never Married Mexican American Women.” Demographic Research 34(40): 1129-1160.
Jodi Berger Cardoso, Erin R. Hamilton, Nestor Rodriguez, Karl Eschbach, and Jacqueline Hagan. 2016. “Deporting Fathers: Transnational Family Structure and Intent to Re-migrate among Salvadoran Deportees.” International Migration Review 50(1): 197-230.
Erin R. Hamilton. 2015. "Gendered Disparities in Mexico-U.S. Migration by Class, Ethnicity, and Geography." Demographic Research 32: 533-542.
Maryann Bylander and Erin R. Hamilton. 2015. “Loans and Leaving: Migration and the Expansion of Microcredit in Cambodia.” Population Research and Policy Review 34(5): 687-708.
Erin R. Hamilton and Robin Savinar. 2015. “Two Sources of Error in Data on Migration from Mexico to the United States in Mexican Household-Based Surveys.” Demography 52(4): 1345-1355.
Erin R. Hamilton and Kate H. Choi. 2015. “The Mixed Effects of Migration: Community-Level Migration and Birthweight in Mexico.” Social Science and Medicine 132: 278-286.
Erin R. Hamilton and Jodi Berger Cardoso. 11-17-2014. "A Strong Case for Executive Action." Houston Chronicle.
UC Davis Temporary Migration Cluster
UC Davis Hemispheric Institute of the Americas
UC Davis Center for Poverty Research
UC Davis Gifford Center for Population Studies
UC Global Health Institute Center of Expertise on Migration and Health