- Ph.D., University of Washington
- Quantitative Methodology
- Cohen, Lawrence with Michael E. Ezell. "Can a Leopard Change Its Spots? Continuity and Change in Criminal Offending Patterns Among Three Samples of Chronic Offenders." Forthcoming monograph (2004), Oxford University Press.
- Cohen, Lawrence with Bill McCarthy. "Economic Crime: Theory" In Encyclopedia of Crime and Justice. Bernard, T. J. et al (editors) New York: Macmillian Press (forthcoming). 2003.
- Cohen, Lawrence with Michael E. Ezell and Kenneth C. Land. "Modeling Multiple Failure Time Data: A Survey of Variance-Corrected Proportional Hazards Models with Empirical Application to Arrest Data. Forthcoming (2003) in Sociological Methodology: A Journal of the American Sociological Association.
- Cohen, Lawrence with Bill McCarthy and John Hagan. 1998. "Uncertainty, Cooperation and Crime: Understanding the Decision to Co-offend," Social Forces 77: 155-84.
- Cohen, Lawrence. 1997. "The Cynic's Guide to Human Nature and Crime Control: Why It Hardly Matters Which Theory You Use as a Basis for Holistic Crime Policy," Politics and the Life Sciences.