John R. Hall
Office Hours for Fall 2014 :
- Tuesdays, 1.30 - 3.30pm at The Silo, 2nd floor, or by appointment.
- Ph.D., University of Washington
- Theory and Methodology
- Comparative/Historical Sociology
- Sociology of Culture and Religion
- Hall, John R., "Methodologies, the lifeworld, and institutions in cultural sociology." Qualitative Sociology 37 : 243-53.
- Hall, John R., “Religion and violence from a sociological perspective.” Pp. 363-74 in Mark Juergensmeyer, Margo Kitts, and Michael Jerryson, editors, The Oxford Handbook of Religion and Violence (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2013).
- Hall, John R., "No, it's not the end of the world as we know it." Speakeasy, Wall Street Journal, December 21, 2012.
- Hall, John R., and Philip D. Schuyler (2011), "Strip vision of the End." YouTube, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFNKIlM0SdA
- Hall, John R., Laura Grindstaff, and Ming-Cheng Lo, eds. (2010), Handbook of Cultural Sociology. London: Routledge.
- Hall, John R. (2009). Apocalypse: From Antiquity to the Empire of Modernity. Cambridge, England: Polity.
- Hall, John R. (2003) "Religion and violence: social processes in comparative perspective," In Michele Dillon, ed., Handbook for the Sociology of Religion. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Hall, John R. 1999. Cultures of Inquiry: From Epistemology to Discourse in Sociohistorical Research. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.